Monday, May 21, 2012

It's getting close to time

for the Mom's Clothing Sewing Week! I've been pinning & gathering inspiration for my week of sewing things for ME! I like to sew, & having 4 girls, you'd think I'd be all over sewing matchy-matchy (or at least coordinating) for them all the time. However, my sewing time comes in snippets & by the time I could get all four outfits done, the first one would be stained / outgrown, I'm sure. Plus they have SO MUCH already! I'm much more likely to appreciate all the hard work myself & I'll keep better care of the things I make. (Oh who am I kidding? I spill as much as they do!) But truly, I'm in desperate need of clothes! So join me as I sew for myself. Spend a little bit of time in the next few weeks browsing patterns & fabric, so that on June 3rd, you'll be ready to spend an hour a day sewing for yourself. The idea is simple - just like Elise Marley's Kid's Clothing Week Challenge, spend an hour a day for a whole week working on something for you. I think prepping the fabric, cutting, etc. all counts towards your hour a day - I mean, it all has to get done, right? But boy - fabric stores are a time vortex, aren't they? Better get the shopping done before! Or plan to do a lot of refashioning. LOTS of good blogs out there for that! There are so many online resources, I couldn't possibly link them all, but Alida at I Make Stuff had a Refashioning event last spring. The blog, Refashionista has lots of great, quick ideas for your $1 thrift store finds. There are many many others, but these are two I've been inspired by lately. And for online fabric shopping, you can't go wrong with fabric.com, and for that something special, I love drooling over at spoonflower.com. And if you'd like an idea of what I'm thinking about for this week, you can browse my pintrest board here. (There's some things on that board that aren't sewing related, but I'll bet you can figure that out.) Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment