Sunday, May 15, 2011

KCWC day after


Yes, yes. Technically, it is the last day of the week long "sew for an hour a day" challenge. I sewed for many, many hours yesterday, so I'm calling it even. I woke up eager to finish the quilt, but decided that I didn't like how my chosen binding washed up, so I'm out of binding. If I can get my kiddos out of their pajamas, I'll head to the fabric store for some satin blanket binding to finish. It's cliche to use this stuff, but the girl it is for loves satin-y things, so I think it's best for this project.

On our date night last night, my husband said some really nice things about my sewing. Between listening to his compliments and the high I have from finishing a long time waiting project, I think my family won't be eating at the dining table for awhile. I might just move in.

I do not remember how I found elise marley's Kids' Clothing Week Challenge. I think I followed a link from One Pretty Thing, but I can't be sure. However I did, I am incredibly grateful. It was just the kick in the pants I needed to get out of my non-sewing rut. Apparently I'm "glowing" now. I'll take it. At 37, I need all the glow I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment